- Don't use passwords that are based on personal information that can be easily accessed or guessed.
- Don't use words that can be found in any dictionary of any language.
- Make the password at least 8 characters in length.
- Use both lowercase and capital letters.
- Use a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters.
- Use passphrases when you can.
- Use different passwords on different systems.
- Don’t write down passwords where they are easily obtained.
Tuesday, March 19, 2013
With Spring here it's time to change your old password! Follow the eight easy rules below as a guide.