Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Using Skype for Communication and Instruction

For many of us, Skype provides a fabulous way to keep in touch with family and friends remotely. I love my weekly sessions with my two-year-old grandson and have enjoyed watching him grow and change even though I live across country from him and his parents.


Skype is also valuable as a tool to enhance teaching and learning in the classroom. As this technology has developed and added features, it has provided opportunities to communicate with students outside the classroom as well as enrich the learning environment with a widely-used technology. In "Using Skype as an Academic Tool: Lessons Learned", Dr. Martin Sivula includes insight and strategies he has successfully used for academic purposes. I highly recommend this article for your consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment